How to Get Your Music Page Verified on Facebook
Everyone loves a blue tick…
Go to your favorite artists Facebook page, you see that blue tick next to their name? Want one? Of course you do!
Follow the simple steps below and get your artist page verified on Facebook now. It’s really not as hard as you might think it is.
Before you apply for verification there are a few things you are going to need to do in preparation:
- Make sure your “about” info is complete and up to date.
- Create a professional looking profile photo and cover image. (Need some help with design? Click here..)
- Make sure you have a website about your music online. (Click here to learn how to create one, it’s easy).
- Post regular content to your Facebook page about your music. (Spending a small amount on ads to increase your organic reach may also help.)
Once you have done all of the above you are ready to fill in the verification request form.
The verification form is super simple. You will be asked a couple of simple questions and be asked to attach some and valid ID to prove your identity. Within the next few days you will hear back from Facebook with a yes or no on the verification.
If it’s a yes — congratulations: your online credibility just went up and you are now the proud owner of a blue tick. If it’s a no, work on promoting your music and growing your Facebook fans then try again after 30 days!
The above link does not always work, if you have difficulties loading this page follow the following steps instead:
1. Click the ‘Settings’ link at the top right of your Facebook Page.
2. From the ‘General’ section (you’ll arrive there), click ‘Page Verification’.
3. Click ‘Verify this Page’ and then click ‘Get Started’.
4. Enter a publicly listed phone number for your business, your country, and language. (You can also upload business / personal documentation instead if you do not have a publicly listed phone number)
5. Click ‘Call Me Now’ to allow Facebook to call you with a verification code.
6. Enter the verification code in the space provided and click ‘Continue’.
Your Page should now show the grey badge after your Facebook Page name, contact Facebook to explain you are an artist / public figure and they should be able to help you change this to the blue verified badge,